The NICR Certification Course is a definitive training program that has proved
invaluable to anybody interested in commodities and those indirectly linked to the
markets. It is a complete guide to the ins-and-outs of the commodities futures marketplace.
The course ensures that you thoroughly understand the unique rules and market practices
for commodity trades, market operations and structure, products, trading terminology,
besides fundamental and technical analysis of individual commodities.
Is this course for you ?
This course is suitable for you if you have little or no knowledge of commodity
futures trading and exchange operations and want to learn how this market can add
value to your business and to the economy. The added advantage is that you can learn
at your own pace.
What will you learn ?
- Become familiar with commodities and futures contracts, volume and open interest
and other factors unique to the futures markets
- Understand the unique rules and market practices for online commodity exchanges,
clearing, deliveries and the related physical market ecosystem
- Learn how to read market reports, fundamental statistics, seasonal patterns and
more in order to find the right commodity and the right market condition.
- Understand the benefits of hedging with futures
- Understand basic trading principles
Benefits for you
This course will provide you with a complete practical overview of the commodity
futures market. You will develop a comprehensive and practical understanding of
the benefits of trading and hedging with futures. Both theoretical and practical
skills developed at this course can be applied easily in the workplace. When you
complete the course, you'll have the knowledge to take the next steps in becoming
a futures trader or market analyst
Benefits for your organization
Organisations will benefit from employees with NICR Commodity certification who
have a clear understanding of how the commodity derivatives market operates and
how its core services of pricing, hedging and delivery can benefit the company.
As a Commodities Analyst /Trader/ Relationship Manager in Broking firms
Commodities trading houses
Knowledge Process outsourcing - Research Analyst
Banks - Derivatives/ Commodities Trader
As a Trading Member in an exchange .
It would be helpful to have some basic understanding of statistics and demand-supply
- Basics of Commodity Markets
- Pricing of futures
- Basic principles of trading
- Fundamental approach to price analysis of commodities
- Technical approach to price analysis of commodities
- Trading strategies
- Functioning and regulation of exchanges
- Process flow of a transaction on the exchange
- Underlying markets in commodities
- Exchange-traded Forward contracts
This is a self-study course based on online books specially written and published by NICR.
The following educational resources are provided to help you gain greater insight into futures and commodity markets. Resources include two online book:
- Introduction to Commodity Derivatives
This will introduce the learner to commodity markets and commodity derivatives, besides key concepts that form the base of commodity trading.
- Understanding Commodity Markets
- Understanding Derivatives
- Global Commodity Exchange
- Pricing of Futures
- Basic Principles of Hedging , Speculation and Arbitrage
- >Commodity Price Analysis & Exchange Trading Strategies
This will focus on commodity price analysis and trading strategies on the exchange.
- Price Analysis of Commodities- Fundamental approach
- Price Analysis of Commodities-Technical approach
- Speculation & Arbitrage strategies
- Hedging Strategies
- Functioning and Regulation of Exchange
- Exchange transactions
- The underlying Market in Agricultural commodities
- The underlying Market in Non-Agricultural Commodities
Since the applicants are from different walks of life and of different age group and qualification, efforts have been made to confine the study materials which can be easily read and understood . There are model questions at the end of every chapter to enable the reader to assess and proceed for the next chapter.
Course fee structure
Fee for the Certification course is Rs. 3300 (Rupees Three Thousand Three Hundred only), plus applicable taxes.
This fee covers:
- Course registration fees
- Course study materials consisting the access of two online books
- User ID and password to access the tutorial provided by Pearson VUE
- Scheduling online exam for a single attempt at a Pearson Test Center of choice, subject to seat availability
- Course Administration, Help Desk access over e-mail
- A physical certificate under the authorized signatory of NICR
- Immediately after completion of Exam, availability of Score report, from the Test Center Manager
This fee does not cover anything other than those listed above. Specifically, it does not cover:
Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Internet access charges, except for taking the final test at a Pearson Test Center
- Provision of PC for free Tutorial on the website of Pearson VUE
- Any coaching for the Certification Course.
Any Educational Institution which sponsors bulk applications of minimum 20 candidates from their Institute at one instance, will be eligible for a concessional course fee of Rs.3000/+ Taxes per candidate. To avail this facility, the institute should mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with list of candidates and their email IDs.
Self-study, study materials will be provided by NICR.
There are model questions at the end of every chapter for self-assessment before proceeding to the next chapter.
If a group of students or Candidates numbering more than 25, wish to have a class room teaching for the course, the same can be arranged by NICR on mutually agreeable terms. To avail this facility please mail to
Students are required to complete the course and schedule for the Test within six months from the date of payment of the course fee. Taking the exam is easy.
Visit the Pearson VUE website to choose a convenient test centre.
Book a time slot for taking the test, subject to availability.
The examination will be a computer-based
The test will consist of 90 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 120 minutes
There will be a 10-minute tutorial before the test to make you familiar with the process.
To pass the examination, you will need to correctly answer at least 50% of the questions.
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers
Immediately after you complete the test, you can collect your score Sheet from the Test Center Manager.
Successful candidates will be issued a Certificate by NICR, which will be valid for three years from the date of the examination.
Those who fail to clear the exam will have to register again as a fresh candidate. There will be no retake of the Test for the candidates who have scored less than the cut off mark. They have to register again as a fresh candidate following the same process.
We are delighted to have joined forces with the globally accredited publishing house Pearson VUE to deliver our Certification course. You can take the test at any one of the more than 250 Pearson VUE centres located across the country.
About Course Test Administrator- Pearson VUE
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for high-stakes certification and licensure exams in the healthcare, finance, information technology,academic and admissions markets. They offer a full suite of services to develop, manage, deliver and grow test programmes for over 450 clients via the world's most comprehensive network of highly secure test centres in 180 countries, and through online solutions. Pearson VUE owns Certiport, the global leader in foundational IT certification solutions, and is a business of the world's leading learning company Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON).
Click here for Registration